When it comes to skincare, using a proper moisturizer is a must. They are mainly found as a lotion, oil, ointment, or sometimes as a cream. The main goal of using a moisturizer is to maintain the right level of oil and water in the skin. In other words, it helps you to maintain the perfect balance between an oily skin and a dry skin. If you ever feel that your skin is getting deprived of the necessary amount of moisture, and is getting dry day by day due to the scorching rays of the sun, then you must start using a good moisturizer. Similarly, if you think that your skin is getting too oily, you can turn to moisturizers for help. But, you should always remember to choose a good moisturizer and should also make sure that it is satisfying the needs of your skin.
Choose The Right Kind Of Moisturizer For You
Choosing a moisturizer can sometimes be a tricky task. You should first know the purpose of using a moisturizer and the type of skin type that you have got. Listed below are the five types of moisturizers which you can choose to use –
- Face Mist – Face mists are basically spritzers and are primarily water based solutions comprising vitamins and fragrance. If you want to keep your skin refreshed 24 hours a day, then using face mists can be an ideal option for you. In addition to this, they also keep the cosmetic loos dewy.
- Serum – Worried about wrinkles, dark spots, or dullness? If yes, then using serum is the best solution for you. The best thing about serums is that they are a one-stop solution for almost every type of skin problems. However, you should always consult an experienced dermatologist before buying one.
- Lotion – Lotions are probably the most popular type of moisturizer available in the market. The main reason behind their popularity is that they work on almost all skin types. So if you want to choose a quality moisturizer, you should probably bet on lotions. But, make sure they aren’t blocking your skin pores. The best part is that they always give the user a shiny and a greasy finish on their skin.
- Night Cream – Night creams are a bit thicker and heaver when compared to the traditional moisturizers. Typically, they don’t have SPF or tint. Experts say that night creams are the best option for women with ageing complexions. The anti-ageing components in a night cream always keep the skin fresh and shiny.
- Ointment – Ointments are petroleum-based moisturizers. If you feel that your skin is getting dried up, then using good quality ointments can be the perfect option for you. They are quite heavy and retains most of the moisture, thereby maintaining the skin glow even during hot summer seasons.
Some Points To Remember Before Buying A Moisturizer
It may take some trial and error before you get to know the right kind of moisturizer for your skin. But, there are few simple steps which can choose to follow. Firstly, you should read the label carefully. If you think you are allergic to any of the ingredients, then stop buying that product immediately. Secondly, you should always buy a moisturizer having ingredients which would shield you even from the harmful UV rays of the sun. And lastly, always choose a moisturizer manufactured a reputed company.
Jessica is a fashion blogger. She enjoys running, watching Netflix, and knitting. Jessica has been blogging for four years and is an avid reader. Her favorite books are Harry Potter series by JK Rowling, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.